Welcome!

I've been debating on whether to make a writer's blog for a long time now. My best friend suggested it but I was nervous to put my work out on the vast information compactor we know as the internet. But then I began taking a writing class and we had an assignment. We had basic guidelines and then we were off to let creativity happen. Mine came to like eleven pages. The next week our professor handed them out to other students so we could review them. The boy who got mine read it and left me so many positive comments that it totally pushed me into trying this. THANKS KEVIN! Enjoy!

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug." -Mark Twain

"Proofread carefully to see if you any words out." -Unknown

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weird Spelling Flubs

When I was looking for a poem/quote to attach to a picture of a rainy sky picture I typed into Google "grey skies quotes" Well, it said "grey" was spelled wrong. (Even the spell check on this blog says it's spelled wrong.) It's supposed to be "gray" So I did some research because I'm so confused! So I again turned to Google and Google led me two a couple sites that said the same thing. "Gray" Is the Americanized term while "Grey" is the British way of spelling the color. Using the terms from one of the sites "Gray" is for colors and "Grey" is for colours.

So sitting at my computer I knitted my eyebrows together and frowned. In one of my books I wrote my character has grey eyes. Note I said "grey" G-R-E-Y not G-R-A-Y. Now, I live in America so shouldn't it be with an A instead of E? Wrong sir!!! Because this character lives in a mythical country that is a sister country to England it is G-R-E-Y and I defile anyone who tried to tell me otherwise.
p.s. I like the E!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment