Welcome!

I've been debating on whether to make a writer's blog for a long time now. My best friend suggested it but I was nervous to put my work out on the vast information compactor we know as the internet. But then I began taking a writing class and we had an assignment. We had basic guidelines and then we were off to let creativity happen. Mine came to like eleven pages. The next week our professor handed them out to other students so we could review them. The boy who got mine read it and left me so many positive comments that it totally pushed me into trying this. THANKS KEVIN! Enjoy!

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug." -Mark Twain

"Proofread carefully to see if you any words out." -Unknown

Monday, April 25, 2011

Vow of Silence and Poetry

Big news everyone! Yesterday, Sunday the 24th, aka Easter Sunday, I finished typing my book Vow of Silence!! Whahahah!!!! Now that means I only have one more book to go after I edit VOS. Fun. No, it really will be great, painstaking, but great. In other news, one of my best friends sent me this poem that she wrote for her English III class and I think it's beautiful! So introducing Barriers of Life.

Barriers of Life

By Lauren Withiem


What the world cannot see

Is what they push down.

What the world cannot be

Is what they frown.


What they do not know

Is how much you are capable.

What they do not show

Is that they are vulnerable.


You can do so much more

Than they believe.

All you need to do is soar,

But instead you grieve.


They judge,

Because you are not the same.

You hold a grudge,

And make them know your name.


Your heart turns to stone

From all the worlds dares.

You feel alone,

And you think no one cares.


You release all your fears,

Until that day you fall.

On your knees, in tears

After it all.


You scream out

To the world in pain.

Without any doubt,

You get on the next train.


At this new place

You get a new state of mind,

And you receive an abundant amount of grace.

Which you discover is kind.


Even the people who were rude,

And those who disparage.

Were not able to extinguish your positive attitude,

Or your massive courage.


The journey was hard and long,

And you want to forget.

Still you turned out strong,

And have no regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment